Antique Status Letter For Download

41 Colt

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
307   0   0
Location
BC
This is a letter I wrote up (fourth version) with details from the NFA website written by the late David Tomlinson as well as the CFC website. It outlines the laws concerning antique guns, both original and black powder reproductions, and how they fall into that status. I converted it to a PDF file and uploaded it to a hoster that should allow immediate download. I edited it slightly to allow you to fill in the blanks by hand once printed.

Canadian Antique Status Firearms Letter PDF Download

Scanned Copy:

35mpett.jpg


PS, could this perhaps be a sticky?
 
Last edited:
Glad you guys like it. I edited it and re-uploaded a new PDf for download. This one has the details for your gun layed out better, especially the year. I updated the posted image of the scanned copy too.
 
I believe you left out an important part:

The Criminal Code defines an antique firearm as:
•Any firearm manufactured before 1898 that was not designed to discharge rim-fire or centre-fire ammunition, and that has not been re-designed to discharge such ammunition


you are describing on the prescribed portion of the law. Otherwise you leave percussion in limbo. am i right?
 
I believe you left out an important part:

The Criminal Code defines an antique firearm as:
•Any firearm manufactured before 1898 that was not designed to discharge rim-fire or centre-fire ammunition, and that has not been re-designed to discharge such ammunition


you are describing on the prescribed portion of the law. Otherwise you leave percussion in limbo. am i right?

Honestly they weren't on my mind when I was writting it up. Converted cartridge guns were. I'll see if I can fit it in, but converting to PDF requires there to be less text to fit onto a single page and I'm near the limit right now.
 
Honestly they weren't on my mind when I was writting it up. Converted cartridge guns were. I'll see if I can fit it in, but converting to PDF requires there to be less text to fit onto a single page and I'm near the limit right now.

I kinda figured that was what you were doing but my thought would be if an officer asked how flintlocks or percussion fit into it, even if you had a centre-fire, you would have to tell him those were antiques also. Then this may make the letter incomplete and throw doubt into it? Maybe you could put the handwritten stuff on one or two lines to make space. Just my two cents.
 
Not to be a Grammar Nazi But Caliber & License have the spelling wrong throughout the Letter. May want to change that up IMO on the PDF. :)
 
Not to be a Grammar Nazi But Caliber & License have the spelling wrong throughout the Letter. May want to change that up IMO on the PDF. :)

My RPAL says "Licence" as well as my DL, I looked it up and "license" is American. About "calibre", those parts are copied directly from the CFC website.

I'll look into making some space and adding that other part in. Sorry to keep editing it guys.
 
Back
Top Bottom