antique status letter request changed!!

But it is irrelevant now because you can sell it to whom ever you want without knowing his name, and address. No info required whatsoever.
Precisely. Any database they are keeping on who has what antique firearms would be badly inaccurate after only a few months.
 
solution

SIGP2101

"... sell it to myself as quickly as possible ..."; I love it!

I think with this 'antique' BS, the bureaucratic law makers have stepped into the doo-doo and are scrambling to correct their oversight.

Question: does a letter of 'antique' status cover future ownership in the event of a sale?
 
Question: does a letter of 'antique' status cover future ownership in the event of a sale?
Of course. Who owns the antique is irrelevant to its antique status. It is an antique whether I own it, my dog owns it, or the minister down the street.
 
8 Ball is right. There is no requirement for a letter. An excellent, perhaps better, option is the sample letter posted in the stickies (at least I think it is posted there .... I hope?)
 
I deregistered a revolver some time ago. I got a letter from RCMP. I sold the gun to a neighbour. Some time later I got a call from the OPP asking if I had sold the revolver to him. I asked if there was a problem and was told that the new owner had some safe storage issues (another long story).

That was it, all I heard from them. They obviously had run the numbers through the registry database and came up with my name. So when deregistered, the old info stays on line.
 
8 Ball is right. There is no requirement for a letter. An excellent, perhaps better, option is the sample letter posted in the stickies (at least I think it is posted there .... I hope?)

yes true we should never get these letters if we can help it , but importing guns apseically from auction houses its needed.. they arnt going to write up soome antique letter them selves... they are about makin money. so emailing then an antique letter works fine..
thats the only time i get these things.
normally we should be keeping an antique database for users on this forum to use to make their own antique letters... there is enough of use to compile a good quantity of information and reference notes..
 
A printed out FRT report is also an option, if the firearm is listed as an antique. The pre- and pos-t '98 production pieces are the tricky ones, though.
 
I deregistered a revolver some time ago. I got a letter from RCMP. I sold the gun to a neighbour. Some time later I got a call from the OPP asking if I had sold the revolver to him. I asked if there was a problem and was told that the new owner had some safe storage issues (another long story).

What was the safe storage issue? Antiques need only to be unloaded.
 
hey mate moot point now though, registration is out the window (unless you live in Quebec) ... so it doesn't matter. for now. sometimes we have some luck i guess.
those latte sipping male feminist castretti and their feminazi overlords must have been sleeping on the job.
 
Registration is out the door right now for LONG GUNS.

It is still in place for handguns and full-autos, just as it has been since 1934, not to mention all the various and sundry Restricted and Prohibited items added since.

Do NOT think the death of the LGR stopped the requirement to register almost anything that happens to be FUN!!!!!

Me, I'm just waiting for the first guy armed with a lawn dart to rob a bank.

THEN we'll hear it for sure. National Coalition for Lawn Dart Control will 'elect' a fat, ugly feminazi 'president' who will live for the next 30 years on government grants........ Oh, that sounds just MUCH too familiar!

BTW, it is spelled "CASTRATI".
.
 
Back
Top Bottom