? Antique status on a couple of Webleys

foxbat

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
583   0   0
I have located a couple of Webley's south of the border, and wasn't sure about whether they would be classified as antiques due to their year of manufacture versus prohibs on the basis of barrel length.

The first is a Webley MkIII, serial #4XX. I've looked for clarification, as it was told to me that MKIII's with a serial # under 5000 should qualify.
The second is a Webley Metropolitan Police in 450, 12XX on the left side of the frame, and 86### on the right.

Any information or a reference source would be appreciated.
 
With that low a serial you might make it. They've lettered some MkIII's in the past but with the most recent incarnation of the antique status unit you might be in for a fight. Get lots of documentation in hard copy from published books. They don't really acknowledge online data.

I can't help you with the Metropolitan - not my area of knowledge.
 
Back
Top Bottom