Antique US -> Non restricted Canada

Horilka

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 99.8%
401   1   0
Location
Toronto, ON
Hello Gentlemen,
Does anybody have experience bringing a rifle from US to Canada that is considered antique in US (pre 1898 made) but non restricted in Canada (centerfire with magazine)? Can it be shipped directly here and then I could present CBSA my PAL? Or can I mail it to the border where I cross the border with rifle as I know importing non restricted in Canada is easy, is usually becoming into posession and exporting from US is a head ache.
 
I brought in a 1885 Hopkins Allen in 38 short Colt. It met the critera then in place: pre 1898, bigger than 8mm and single shot. This was before ITAR. You might email Rock Island Auctions. They sell and export lots (pun alert!) of antiques.

The lady at CBSA that inspected my H&A: "that is a cute little gun." Yup.
 
Back
Top Bottom