Hey guys,
I've always been under the belief that storage laws don't apply to antiques. I have applied for and gotten RCMP antique letters in the past, in these letters it states that storage and transport laws apply... As best I can work out the only transport law applies to antique hand guns (locked in a case for transport) and NO storage laws. I was reading the cbsa web sight and they also say "storage and transport laws apply".
I called the cfc and was told, "yes, storage and transport laws apply because antiques still meet the criminal code definition of a gun". So does a bb gun, pellet gun, nail gun, and so on... Do I need to lock up my pellet gun? Also the storage and transport laws are in the firearms act not the criminal code.
So here I am scratching my head. What are the laws? Does anyone know? Can I display antique handguns? Are shadow boxes ok? What about just sitting on a shelf or the coffee table is that ok?
I've always been under the belief that storage laws don't apply to antiques. I have applied for and gotten RCMP antique letters in the past, in these letters it states that storage and transport laws apply... As best I can work out the only transport law applies to antique hand guns (locked in a case for transport) and NO storage laws. I was reading the cbsa web sight and they also say "storage and transport laws apply".
I called the cfc and was told, "yes, storage and transport laws apply because antiques still meet the criminal code definition of a gun". So does a bb gun, pellet gun, nail gun, and so on... Do I need to lock up my pellet gun? Also the storage and transport laws are in the firearms act not the criminal code.
So here I am scratching my head. What are the laws? Does anyone know? Can I display antique handguns? Are shadow boxes ok? What about just sitting on a shelf or the coffee table is that ok?































, I've found that "even" some people in the CFO's office (either by error
, or by design 






















