Goodday,
I am planning on buying a Brown Bess musket from Loyalist Arms in Nova Scotia and was wondering if anyone would have advice regarding the best model to buy.
I have always like older model Besses and especially like that Loyalist puts period type stampings on their muskets.
I am considering either getting:
1. a 1728 musketoon (http://www.loyalistarms.freeservers.com/longlandmusketoon.htm) since this is essentially the mid-1700's Bess that was adapted for the 1750's Canada
or the
2. Officer's Fusil Bess (http://www.loyalistarms.freeservers.com/british174050carbine.html) due to it's size and decoration.
I am also considering having the musket browned...
I am looking forward to any advice regarding my inquiry.
Jim in Fredericton NB
I am planning on buying a Brown Bess musket from Loyalist Arms in Nova Scotia and was wondering if anyone would have advice regarding the best model to buy.
I have always like older model Besses and especially like that Loyalist puts period type stampings on their muskets.
I am considering either getting:
1. a 1728 musketoon (http://www.loyalistarms.freeservers.com/longlandmusketoon.htm) since this is essentially the mid-1700's Bess that was adapted for the 1750's Canada
or the
2. Officer's Fusil Bess (http://www.loyalistarms.freeservers.com/british174050carbine.html) due to it's size and decoration.
I am also considering having the musket browned...
I am looking forward to any advice regarding my inquiry.
Jim in Fredericton NB


















































