Any ideas of the value of a unfired Winchester Model 94 Legendary Frontiersmen

You never know what they can bring.I was flabbergasted at a auction when one fellow bought three commemeratives for a whopping $1700.00 a piece.Mind you that was the same auction a guy bid up winchester wildcat .22 to $6.00 a box. The auctioneer then asked him if he would like the next 2 lots at that price he said hell ya and took home all 30 boxes.
 
Like the others are saying, Winchester made these rifles to sell without really thinking how badly they were flooding the market with "junk" editions. What is a Legendary Frontiersman after all? It is an odd cartridge, but other than that, there isn't much about this rifle that interests me. But, I'm just one guy.
 
Like the others are saying, Winchester made these rifles to sell without really thinking how badly they were flooding the market with "junk" editions. What is a Legendary Frontiersman after all? It is an odd cartridge, but other than that, there isn't much about this rifle that interests me. But, I'm just one guy.

I know I am biased but I am guessing you have never held one of these commemoratives to know what is special about them.

In the days when you could proudly display these on the wall and not locked away in a cabinet they were very special to look at and visitors always gravitated towards these guns as they did stand out from the rest.

I guess in today's world where we have to hide them and not display their beauty it does lose a lot of it's special qualities.

As far as flooding the market it looks like they pretty much produced one series almost every year from 1964 to 1996 with manufacturing numbers running as high as 102666 and as low as 200 with the average being 19999 produced.

I honestly don't know if that equates to flooding the market. Given they did have some years that the numbers manufactured were very low I would lean towards them not flooding the market.

The following link is where I found this info: http://www.doublegun.com/roth.htm

That's my 2 cents.

Russell
 
I know I am biased but I am guessing you have never held one of these commemoratives to know what is special about them.

In the days when you could proudly display these on the wall and not locked away in a cabinet they were very special to look at and visitors always gravitated towards these guns as they did stand out from the rest.

I guess in today's world where we have to hide them and not display their beauty it does lose a lot of it's special qualities.

As far as flooding the market it looks like they pretty much produced one series almost every year from 1964 to 1996 with manufacturing numbers running as high as 102666 and as low as 200 with the average being 19999 produced.

I honestly don't know if that equates to flooding the market. Given they did have some years that the numbers manufactured were very low I would lean towards them not flooding the market.

The following link is where I found this info: http://www.doublegun.com/roth.htm

That's my 2 cents.

Russell

The commemoratives are not for everyone but they do appeal to some folks. They aren't my cup of tea but then i don't expect everyone to like what I like, either. If you like them then you don't need to justify it to anyone.
 
The commemoratives are not for everyone but they do appeal to some folks. They aren't my cup of tea but then i don't expect everyone to like what I like, either. If you like them then you don't need to justify it to anyone.

Totally agree, no need to call them "junk" either.
 
Totally agree, no need to call them "junk" either.
One man's junk is another man's treasure and vise versa.

I sold my Winchester 1977 30/30 model 94 a few months ago,and i got the same ribbing about it ;-) but i did sell it.

I got myself a nice 44 magnum Marlington lever action rifle to replace it :0)

20 years ago I had the chance to buy a large loop pre 64,i told the guy at work that 250 bucks was to much money for it..... lol true story.
Like you, didn't like the large loop on it at the time .... Doh !!!

Next on my list... the Stoeger Silverado Coach Gun 12 gauge :0)
 
the 94!

Make good use of it... shoot deer whit the thing! Im sure it can.. plus it will boost its sentimental value quite a bit! then you pass it on to the generations to come.
 
Back
Top Bottom