Any reviews of the TM22 12" ?

12" is the same as all the other flavors of Derya and will run the same, though lighter and easier to swing around and Ballance for smaller framed people.
If you want them to run you need to keep them very clean. Specifically, the bolt face and extractor claws and firing pin and channel. The breach face, chamber and extractor grooves. You may also end up wanting to remove the left extractor claw. It helps with feeding and extracting reliability. Season to taste on that one.
.22's tend to crap where they eat and the Deryas are very sensitive to this so cleaner is better. If you put it away dirty and come back to it in a couple months it will
Possibly/probably cause you some issues.
Also, remove the buffer tube and install a toonie between the rubber bumper and the tube. This will help eliminate certain jamming issues and completely eliminate the chopping of the bumper.
 
I noticed on my new 12" that the finish on the picatinny rail is some kind of bluing versus the matte coating that's used on the receiver like the old ones. If I rubbed it, black colouring would come off the rail and stain my skin. Pretty annoying. Cleaned as much off as I could, to where not as much is coming off on my hands anymore. Colour hasn't faded I don't think. I don't know if it's just excess finish residue or a cheap crappy bluing that's coming off.

Anyone else have this? It's just the pic rail and nowhere else.
 
I grabbed one when they first came out. Had it out twice and I was lucky if I could get through half a mag due to light strikes (tested about 4 different makes of ammo).

Seems like a roulette getting anything from Turkey (22s being finicky doesn't help). The support they had from Odell likely made up for it before but I wasn't going to bother dealing with SFRC. Ruger 1022 or a clone FTW if you have your heart set on a semi.
 
I got the 18”pro.
Out of the box it had lots of stove pipes regardless of the ammo.
A buddy suggested pulling out the left extractor assembly as that worked for him.
Took literally 5 minutes and hasn’t skipped a beat since.
That said the 15 round mags need a little love as they don’t drop free like the 10 & 25 round versions (same guy had this issue and said to trim the front and back just a bit to fix).
Great little platform, I’d highly recommend one.
 
If weight is a big concern, grab one of the Derya Feather 12" models. SFRC has them right now and I'm sure they'll have another sitewide sale very soon. Same 12" barrel but with a polymer receiver instead of aluminum. That's as light as it gets. The Feather is tons of fun too.
Is there any issues with durability with the polymer bodies? Obviously the aluminum would be more durable, but is there any issues like cracking that should be noted with the polymer bodies?

I'm trying to figure the difference in spending $400 on a feather with an 18" barrel vs $560 for a Pro with a 12" barrel (preferred), Isn't the Feather a polymer receiver?
 
Last edited:
Some reviews out there says the TM22 jams every 20 rounds ish. Just wondering if any of you also experience this?
I have not had a single malfunction in my TM22. Has been more reliable than both my 10/22s. And as a side note (not sure all are this way) but my TM22 has a way better trigger than my 10/22s................far better.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom