Any site sponsors sell Flint?

Hahaha, I just looked up marstar, what a RIP off. I hadn't been there in a while.....

http://www.marstar.ca/dynamic/product.jsp?productid=76158
http://www.marstar.ca/dynamic/product.jsp?productid=76157

$27 and $35 for 5 flints each.

Go to dixie gun works in the states, order a bunch from them and with shipping it will be cheaper than an order of flints at marstar.
That BS there is just F-ing ridiculous, no wonder some things here in Canada are going out of style.

There are a couple of other black powder suppliers here in Canada, sadly I cannot recall.
 
That was the other place I was trying top remember about that one. I haven't got any personal experience with them but they are also good.
 
Best place IMHO is Track of the Wolf in the US. They have anything you would need and ship quickly. My go to place.

I agree totally with lyman54, Track of the Wolf sells Tom Fuller's English Gun Flints which I find to be excellent flints and depending on the size they are $1.65 to $2.19 each.
 
You actually don't need flint for sparks, I learned its the sharp edge of the rock scraping off pieces of steel that causes the spark. This means you can use any rock with a sharp edge. Petrified wood and amber work really well, chert, obsidian, etc. Just something strong with a sharp edge, don't waste your money. Go for a walk and break rocks until you find sharp edges.
 
I buy mine from Track of the Wolf too..... Just browsing their website is enough to put a smile on your face. I bought my Great plains from them, loads of smoky fun.

I agree totally with lyman54, Track of the Wolf sells Tom Fuller's English Gun Flints which I find to be excellent flints and depending on the size they are $1.65 to $2.19 each.
 
Back
Top Bottom