Anybody know what this gizzmo is?

it looks like a pan charger. Fill it with 4F and it will dispense a small amount of the 4F in the pan when you push on the projecting rod or tube

cheers mooncoon
 
With the plunger in the body like that? I don't see how it can work. And it appears that the center pin with the twisted wire would stick out when it was full of powder if that is in fact what this is. And the tubular tip is WAY larger than what would be needed to drop a pan charge. Or I wonder if there is some parts missing from the large "tip"?

My gut feeling is that it's not a pan charge flask. The parts that would allow for a small controlled charge are not visible. But what it is I can't figure out.

The scale of the whole thing makes it seem very small too. What are some dimensions for this gizmo?
 
I'm on the side of the guys saying it's a pan charger. A different design than the ones I've seen before but I see how it should work.

Throw some 4F in and let us know if it works.
 
Not a pan charger.
I have a similar one.
Pull the ring, striker is cocked and released, strikes blank, initiates activities.
Could it be used as a fuse lighter for blasting work?
 
Not a pan charger.
I have a similar one.
Pull the ring, striker is cocked and released, strikes blank, initiates activities.
Could it be used as a fuse lighter for blasting work?

Fuse igniter.

Now that makes more sense. The whole spring loaded plunger, overall size and size of the "nozzle" fits this use far better. So...... I'm guessing that adding any 4f would not be a good idea.....:D
 
There is a similar igniter used in blasting that is also spring loaded and uses shotgun primers, for initiating nonels via shock tube.

Regards,
Powderman
 
Back
Top Bottom