Anybody shooting 45-120?

i bought a bunch of brass years ago from ballard ( around 1998 ) .

also before ebay stopped selling brass i picked up a bunch of unmarked 45 basic brass .

there is shorter brass than the 45-120 case that can be used with the same overall length , except your neck will be shorter .

and worst case senario you can use 45-70 brass ..... but your overall length will be around the same as a 45-90 .

google 45 basic brass , lots of info there .


the 45 -120 is not a cheap round to load for , if i had to do it all over again i would have gone with 458 lott , maybe with a slightly longer throat to seat the bullets out farther .
 
Whelen,
I'd not read your previous post. Thanks for the info. I forgot that I had posted on this previously. Suffering from "CRAFT" desease O think!LOL
Burnt servo, I guess. I considered the .458 Lott, in a #1 RUger, but I wasn't sure how well it would do with cast boolits. In any case, the Quigley will be here early next week.
The fun begins!!
Thanks again,
Mike
 
Back
Top Bottom