Anyone Crimp Their Webley Bullets?

I find if I don't crimp my bullets they will work themselves loose in the normal course of firing the gun one or two times, so yes, I crimp all my 455 rounds.
 
All revolver rounds should be crimped, no?

I crimp my .41 Colt. The bullets don't move in my BP loads in my SAA but in my SM loads in my DA they creep forward ever so slightly. The bullets I use have no cannelure.
 
All revolver rounds should be crimped, no?

I crimp my .41 Colt. The bullets don't move in my BP loads in my SAA but in my SM loads in my DA they creep forward ever so slightly. The bullets I use have no cannelure.

I have only shot smokeless in my 41lc, and so far I found that the heeled and the hollow based bullets stay put without crimping with relatively powder puff Bullseye loads, but your probably correct in suggesting they should be crimped, maybe my accuracy would improve(I doubt it:) )
 
Some of my Heavy loads need a good crimp or with each shot the other 5 rds in the cylinder work there way forward which is not so bad with smokeless powder but with Pyrodex or BP the presure can curve up fast if theres air space caused by bullets moveing forward.
So in all Revolvers crimp your ammo.
In single shot type pistols its not as important.
 
If yu check original milspec rounds, you will find that the Gummint put a roll-crimp on the front of the case, right where it would trap the ogive of the bullet firmly in place. Behind that, on many lots, was a second crimp INTO the case.

They musta known something 'way back then.

Problem is that we just don't have the tools....
 
I roll crimp all my .455 rounds. Both bp and smokeless. I tried taper crimping but they still wanted to move on me. I think the problem is the bullet weight, they are quite heavy.
 
Back
Top Bottom