Anyone ever ordered of Holts auctions out of the UK

Mean Steak

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Location
Central Alberta
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with ordering antiques from holts auctions out of England? I was thinking of ordering from them but is it as easy bringing antiques in from the states?
They can be found at holtsauctioneers.com
 
Holt's is an auction house and you have to bid on the guns they have.When the people from Holts's were in Victoria a few years ago I asked if they sold guns and they replied they only auctioned them.
Any gun they auction is a high class one,not junk.
 
I've looked into it. It really depends on what you try to bring in. Remember there is also the high buyers premium. The guy the put me in touch with for shipping was quite expensive and charged a flat rate. It was not going to be worth it in the end unless I was successful on 4 or 5 items at once to divide the shipping costs up.
 
Hi, I was thinking on bidding on a few antique webley revolvers. They have some real minty ones coming up on the 16 of December. It says on their website that they are prohibited in England but they do ship overseas. I was wondering if there would be any problem at Canada Customs?
 
holt's auction

have a friend on this island who bought a few pieces from them and the effect was a long period of frustration. difficult regulation to get approval to ship to canada-long delay in shipping and exorbitant charges. these were on long guns-expect pistols would be even more challenging. probably better to find in the u.s.
 
Back
Top Bottom