Anyone ever seen this surplus 30-06??

snipz

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
120   0   0
Location
West Kelowna
Hey everyone.....I picked up a couple boxes of this 30-06.....Anyone have any info on it??
100_2596.jpg
100_2597.jpg
100_2598.jpg
 
Ahhh....now that I look at it closer...I guess it is "PS".....The "S" looks like an "8" until you look at it closer.......thanks for the info everyone.....cheers!!
 
Some of this is good stuff. Other lots are dangerous as the cases split when fired. I saw some of the bad stuff on the Brandon,MB rifle range some yrs ago along with the boxes with lot numbers shown. The old Culver's Shooting Page used to keep a database of the bad/suspect lots.

I fired some of the good lots thru a friend's Garand down in Arizona and found it quite accurate. I'd treat it as having corrosive priming.
 
Russian surplus from Korea probably. Picture of headstamp would be nice.

Why would you say that it is Russian surplus from Korea? First, it is Ball M2, which I understand to be the military terminology for the.30-06. Never a Russian round. Nor a North Korean round, as far as I know. Certainly used by South Korea.
 
Back
Top Bottom