Anyone here with much experience knurling?

iceangler650

Regular
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Location
Ontario
Anyone here knurl there bullets for there muzzleloader?

Interested in hearing what they found if any accuracy increase after knurling?
Knurled some Sst's and in going to setup 2 targets and and see if there is any accuracy gain next time in out.


Switching from 777 pellets finding it fouls barrel too much and gping to blackhorn 209 if this knurling and the 209 doesnt tighten group to where I want it I think my next step will be barnz tez or tmz

Shooting an encore pro hunter fx
 
Are you shooting saboted or sabotless loads. Knurling tends to be more beneficial with sabotless applications because it tailors the bullet to bore fit. It is used in some saboted applications where it helps with the bullet grabbing the sabot with the spin of the bore. It also aids in obtaining a tighter fit if you have a loose fitting sabot to the bore of the rifle.
The solid coppers like the barnes tend to be alittle harder to obturate . Start with the sst's and go from there. Don't discount the standard XTP's
 
Yes shooting saboted sst ml 250gr.
I was thinking more the slippage betwen the sabot and sst makes sense and seems like it would help with that I can easily spin the bullets inside the sabot before knurling.
After knurling I can not spin them inside the sabot but there may or may not actually be any slippage coming through and out of barrel when under more pressure on sabot.
I think this is worth a try see if theres any improvent in group.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom