Anyone Know A Great Antique Handgun Collector or Dealer in Eastern Canada?

"...Antique Belgium Pepperbox..." You'd need to post a great deal more info than that. There were hundreds if not thousands of small shops turning out stuff like that, of varying quality, prior to W.W. I. Lot of 'em were junk from the word go.
 
You would do better selling in the Exchange on here, as Joe Salter - as a dealer - would buy is for resale. And it would likely end up in the US.

Matt
 
I too have bought from Joe in the past - from both his US and Canadian websites - all favorable dealings. And one on a particularly high end firearm. But, not all his stuff is sold on his CDN site, much has, and still does go to the US. I frequent his US website weekly and there are always firearms on there he says he imported from Canada, and are import marked to reflect that.
Not sure about "greatness", but I have met Joe and he's a good fellow. And I don't just say that as a fellow BlueNoser.
Anyway, my comments were just some advice. I don't collect antique handguns, so no dog in this fight.
Cheers,
Matt
 
haha you got me !! , I do not wish to debate ones "greatness", But I have always had favourable dealings

Of course I "got" you. :)

As for Joe Salter it is not so many years ago they refused to sell to Canadians at all. Then the American economy declined while the Canadian economy stayed relatively healthy. The Canadian dollar went up and at the US antique market went soft, and Canadians actively became willing and able to pay more for antiques than they were selling for in the USA. Suddenly (like magic!!) Joe Salter loves selling to Canadians. In fact I'd bet he probably has a Maple Leaf tat right over his heart. :)
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom