Anyone know how to dis-assemble a Werndl

Saw a guy strip one down at a show last year - was one without the tang spring, he got it into small bits in about 10 minutes, didn't look overly complicated.

Sorry I can't be more helpful - I'd say giv'er and just don't force anything.... that tends to be my system for dealing with unknown guns :p

P.S. Pics please! I'm quite fond of werndl's!
 
I had a look at mine; there is a screw on the left side behind the breach. I am pretty sure that if you take that out, the breach block and the angled plate that it bears on will lift out.

cheers mooncoon
 
Sorry H, I'm not set up for pics. They really are great guns.

mooncoon, I hope it is that simple. It looks that way, I was hoping someone could confirm. It's the '73/77 I'm working on but my '67/77 is similar ie two (one big, one small) screws.

gabe, the gun is in great shape but when I fire it the case is hard to remove. Upon closer inspection there were a couple of scratches in the chamber. I couldnt remove the breach block so I got a long wood dowel and a drill and proceeded in honing the breach form the muzzle end. It appears to be succesful but now I would like to remove the block to give it a thorough cleaning.
Thanks all.
 
No one has done this or knows, for sure, how to do this?
Wow, that's Amazing.
Thanks anyhow.

JUST like Mooncoon said remove screw at back of receiver which is the plate behind the rotating breach block to get mine to start to move I had to put a screwdriver between the spring and the rotating cam at the back of the block and gently pry it up.
 
Back
Top Bottom