Anyone know if modern SAA parts fit in antique SAA?

41 Colt

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
307   0   0
Location
BC
Looks like I need a new hammer & trigger for a new (antique) SAA I just got. Hammers are not cheap and beyond the $100 limit for easily ordering one. Chaparral make a cheap SAA copy (I had one briefly and it was okay) does anyone know if the hammer and trigger from it would fit an original Colt SAA? I could also keep the rest of the parts for spares and sell off the stripped frame after.

This gun will be a shooter, it's not the prettiest, and already had a replacement trigger.
 
Hi sir!
I have a old 1860 percussion army, I had to replace the origional cracked hammer and some internals...

Now I found the parts had to be fitted, which required me to file and grind some bits "on the repro parts try not to file or grind the origional parts"

put it all back together, then check for function strip it down again and do a little more ajusting put it all back together and check it again.

That approach has worked for me with a few pieces I have had to rebuild including some old side locks and the like.

If your talking about a old percussion army single action, you should thin that hammer out some.....Mine was jamming up with caps like crazy, then I really examined the origional hammer and found out the reason,

The repro hammer was just in there at too close a tolerance onece thinned out she performed much better.

There is a learning curve, and lord knows Im still learning!
 
Back
Top Bottom