Anyone, or group who shoot black powder cannons

I have a couple of cannons. One is a .75 " naval gun. It's pretty big. I think it's made of iron with a wood carriage. The other is a brass naval gun. It's about half the size of the iron gun.

I have fired the brass gun many times. If I use wet tissue paper wading, the effect is powerful!!

I am looking forward to firing the iron one. I'll start with lower loads of course.
 
are you talking miniature or full size? I used to shoot a 3 pounder brass field piece as part of a gun crew in reenactments and at the rifle range :) we used to shoot cast slugs through her .... missed one time and hit one of the trees down behind our backstop cut a 6 inch tree off like it was a matchstick, and shooting canister shot is interesting too.
 
almost impossible to estimate, the only shooting ones are connected to reenactments, heritage groups, i m sure there are many 50 cal miniatures around, large cannons are reproduced in usa, i purchased a couple of barrels out of utah, i believe a group out of alberta shoot full size cannons
 
I've got a couple of .75" tubes I shoot with 12ga wads and either Lee key drive slugs or
.715 balls when I can find them. Quite a nice 'bang' when wou light them off.
 
I have a 2/3rds scale 9lb cannon:)
cf88c1cf84.jpg
 
Last edited:
Yes,

We have a group in Alberta shooting two guns. One coehorn mortar and the other a 3 pounder. We demonstrate 1742 Royal Artillery.

Cannons can be seen at

http://www.loyalistarms.freeservers.com/mainpage.html

Thanks,

Warren

anyone or group in canada who shoot blackpowder muzzleloading cannons,
 
About two years ago a fellow passed on and his wife contacted me about what to do with his cannons! I found them a good home with another buddy who was ex-arty. The cannon fires 2" wrist pins and uses a LE No 1 Mk IV rifle site to aim!

Here is a pic of the cannon and limber being used for a demonstration at Ft Whoop Up with no projectile of course!

P8280037_.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom