Anyone shoot those small .50 cal cannons?

41 Colt

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
307   0   0
Location
BC
I found them forsale at Dixe Gun Works, I like the Napoleon model in .50. I found a guy on youtube that shoots his a lot. I want one. :cool:

[youtube]xJmNR05fkEY[/youtube]
 
there are 3 or 4 in Nanaimo and everyone likes them. You may have to run a 1/2 drill down the barrel to clean out any bumps. I think they are a hell of a good deal for the price.

cheers mooncoon
 
small cannon

greetings- I shoot mine with a 20 grain fffg charge with a .490 ball. I happen to use cigarette paper tubes with filter attached as my charge container and wad. Make sure the wad is oriented correctly to support the ball as otherwise it won't go off.. Strong enough to perforate a steel drum at 25 yards and accurate as well. Great fun in competition !!
 
53-cn-800.jpg


Might just as well get the 69 caliber...
 
My buddy bought one and had it tapped for a fuse hole. It works awesome. Shoots patched 44 cal lead round balls. He's planning on taking it groundhog hunting this year. 100yards it will go clean thru a steel garbage can both sides
 
greetings- I shoot mine with a 20 grain fffg charge with a .490 ball. I happen to use cigarette paper tubes with filter attached as my charge container and wad. Make sure the wad is oriented correctly to support the ball as otherwise it won't go off.. Strong enough to perforate a steel drum at 25 yards and accurate as well. Great fun in competition !!

Remind me not to bum any smokes off you... :D
 
I have a .75 inch tube that I shoot .715" balls and 12 ga slugs out of. I usually use about 120gr of Pyrodex. I've yet to chronograph either load, but a 2ft target at 50m is dead all day long.
 
Back
Top Bottom