Anyone use Barnes spitfire TMZ?

jk123

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
305   0   0
Location
Manitoba
I am wondering if anyone has had any experiences with these? I was using the TC shockwaves out of my TC encore with good results. Considering giving the Barnes a try for next season. Any info would be appreciated.
 
Last edited:
I've tried them in my T/C Encore.

With 70gr/Weight of BH209 loading effort, and point of impact was about the same as Honady SSTs.
Accuracy was better with the Barnes 250gr. TMZ (Yellow Sabot).
I also have tried the Barnes 250gr. EZ-TMZ (Blue Sabot) and they load more easily, and still seem more accurate then the Hornady SST in my rifle with the powder I am using.
 
Don gk- Did you use the aligner tool I see they have for these? Also did you get a chance to see how they performed on game?

I realized this season you need that tool. I tried out some Barnes Spitfire T-EZ, and without the tool I was damaging the polymer tips. I guess I will pick one up in the States next summer.
 
Don gk- Did you use the alingner tool I see they have for these? Also did you get a chance to see how they performed on game?

Hi,
I do have the Barnes seating jag, but have had better luck with a spin-jag.
The spin-jag does not damage the tips, and can rotate with the rifleing when seating the bullet-sabot.

Unfortunatly I have not had the chance to try them on game.
Recovered bullets from the backstop all opened up nicely, and lost no weight, other then the plastic tip.
 
Back
Top Bottom