Apologies if this has been posted before......

I stand to be corrected but that is an 1858 Remington...anyway quite the piece. I find it hard to believe that it is solid steel, maybe sheet metal on square tube framing or something like that to keep the weight down.
 
Not so, Sir. It weighs in at 45kg - remember that there are six big holes in the cylinder, and another big hole in the barrel. The powder charge is 330gr of 1Fg, BTW.

And yes, it is somewhat larger version of the 1858 New Model Army Remington, and one I'd love to see somebody in a free country - apart from Poland - get on his license. In theory, it could be done here in UK, since there is a limit of 2" calibre where BP arms are concerned, and there is no way that this could be described as a concealable firearm....

I also find it very strange that the former Eastern Bloc nations have a far less rigorous point of view when it comes to guns and shooting that here in the UK. If you look at Balasz Németh's channel on Youtube - capandball - you'll see that Hungary has an enormous and eclectic bunch of shooters who get up to all kinds of stuff that looks immense fun. Just watch them shooting up three sets of replica Lammela armour with a wide range of beautiful replica firearms from the Middle Ages and Renaissance era.

tac
 
Back
Top Bottom