Appraiser needed in Alberta :) with knowledge of Liege made guns...

Hoplight

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Location
Calgary ab
Hi there, I've got some antiques made in Liege, they are shooters so I roughly know their shooter value but their historical value is what I'm interested in. I'm not looking for an appraisal per say, but a rough idea of what I've got would be great as well as for some antique ammo that I have. Shoot me a PM, I will travel for you to have a look and pay in booze or cash let me know :)
Thanks!
 
Post pics man ;). Otherwise if you're in Northern BC with em swing by and let me have a look, I accept booze as payment to look at stuff :p.
 
There is pics on here I'll find the link ( no pics of the ammo tho) but not a lot of info in the thread ... Here's what I've learned so far . One of them is a French model 1873 that was made in 1884 for the Swedish navy ( aswell it has initials , maybe of a ship captain?) there was 1000 made, 300 from somewhere and 700 made by m.a.s. this is one commissioned by Henry . The other is an early galand , I hit up a few gun shops today and one was able to identify what it was so that's for sure ( big thanks to shooters edge and proline) . Both are large calibres ( 11 mm 12mm or 450 Adams? ) i have ammo but I'm certain that the only real way to know what they shoot is to slug the barrel because the ammo looks close ( i thought the French 1873 was 11 mm but one of my boxes says 12 mm and 450 fits ...) sooo thats the gist of what I know :) . You guys have a lot of time on here and I appreciate any input ! Thanks , I apologize for any grammer issues and I'll find that link.
 
Last edited:
Hi guys , back again I don't about the pics . Says they've been removed but I'm on an iPad and don't know sh-t about computers so maybe it will work for you ? http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...-new-antique-gun-####!!?p=9152532#post9152532 if not I've got pics and can take more, just don't know about posting them with iPad .
 
Hi guys , back again I don't about the pics . Says they've been removed but I'm on an iPad and don't know sh-t about computers so maybe it will work for you ? http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...-new-antique-gun-####!!?p=9152532#post9152532 if not I've got pics and can take more, just don't know about posting them with iPad .

We'll wait lol
 
At first I thought you might be talking about shotguns, then maybe a Winchester copy but leaning towards revolvers. Without photos it boils down to what is my car worth but all I can tell you is that it has 4 wheels. Create a photobucket account (free) copy some good photos to there and then copy and paste the link onto this thread

cheers mooncoon
 
It looks to be in pretty good condition, I would suspect it would be in the $600 - $800 range. If it were an american gun, it would be much higher

cheers mooncoon
 
It is in pretty good shape , due to its rarity and calibre ( 12mm or 450 Adams haven't slugged the barrel yet) I'd have thought it would be worth abit more ( I am not an appraiser by any means tho :) )



It looks to be in pretty good condition, I would suspect it would be in the $600 - $800 range. If it were an american gun, it would be much higher

cheers mooncoon
 
Back
Top Bottom