Are historical re-enactment items exempt from customs?

stevejones

Regular
Rating - 100%
82   0   1
Location
Courtenay, BC
Hello out there. I have heard that historical re-enactment supplies are exempt from customs charges. If this is the case would guns, parts, supplies.... be exempt?

Cheers. Steve.
 
Hello out there. I have heard that historical re-enactment supplies are exempt from customs charges. If this is the case would guns, parts, supplies.... be exempt?
.

Steve;
Check with Perry Chow of the Malahat Marauders; I am pretty sure he has the pertinent paperwork that you need.

cheers mooncoon
 
Hello out there. I have heard that historical re-enactment supplies are exempt from customs charges. If this is the case would guns, parts, supplies.... be exempt?

Cheers. Steve.

Not guns, but supplies are, ask the shipper to write

"ANOX 9040 re-enactment supplies " on your parcel.
Cheers nessy.
 
Ive been with the northern brigade for a few years and have never heard of this exemption!

I could literally save a couple hundred a year with this, for flints, buttons,and general basic kit!!!!!
 
I have inquired at the U.S. Customs at our local crossing. The information I received indicated that black powder arms, accoutrements and powder can be legally exported from the US. The restrictions come from the Canadian Customs....black powder rifles and muskets, if not antique, must be registered here before crossing the border. Black powder is restricted to one pound containers with a total of 8 Kg's allowed for each crossing. Dave
 
Back
Top Bottom