Are the rounds I have corrosive?

reddawn

Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Location
B.C.
I bought some rounds and was told they are from South Africa surplus. Just want to confirm that they are not corrosive. I forgot to ask and assumed they aren't.
Description, sorry no pictures. First the primer was covered in a purple lacquer, there is a cross hairs inside a circle, quarter turn and theres markings of L2A2, another quarter turn and RG, quarter turn then 75. Anybody know?
Thanks in advance if you can help.
Patrick
 
I'm sure that someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears that they are "Radway Green", British-made, NATO-spec rounds and are not corrosive.
 
Thanks a bunch guy's. This is the first milsur that I've gotten. The gentleman I bought it from also gave me rounds that have IVI on it. He told me that there ex Canadian military surplus and are great to reload and very accurate. I think I got a great deal, I can't wait to shoot a few rounds. Sparringly, as theres not much. Thanks guy's.
Patrick
 
308 ammo

the IVI stuff is good ammo and I;m sorry I don;t know what the other stuff is . try googling 7.62 nato and you might find a webite for that round that has photos and discriptions of diffrent 308 rounds . if your unsure if the south african stuff is corrosive clean as if it is . the IVI brass will have a crimp on the primers . you;ll need a tool to open the primer pocket after decapeing . a reamer .
 
British Radway Green standard NATO spec. ball as suggested above. It will be Berdan primed.
IVI 7.62mm generally does not enjoy a reputation for a high degree of accuracy.
 
Back
Top Bottom