Attempting my own BP ammo

handofzeus

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Will let you know how it works when I get around to testing. Any body try this? Turned AL rod to .452" then drilled out core and filled with lead solder then put into a .452-.50cal sabot. The heaviest I can get so far is 198GN. Will try longer bullet to get weight up but looks doable.
q26TbIvl.jpg
 
I’m all for monkeying around and building your own stuff, but is there any possible advantage here? I’m sure your process isn’t any cheaper, even with your free time (and that sounds rather labour intensive)

I doubt accuracy will be better...

Penetration maybe?


Not knocking your plans. Just curious as to what made you say “Hey! I’m going to try...”
 
Pretty much a cost saving attempt. Granted the first couple are time costing but I hope to make a bit that will turn the whole shape in one shot. I also like the front end weight loading with the remainder of light aluminum hopefully acting as a tail like an arrow.
 
Pretty much a cost saving attempt. Granted the first couple are time costing but I hope to make a bit that will turn the whole shape in one shot. I also like the front end weight loading with the remainder of light aluminum hopefully acting as a tail like an arrow.

Well I’m keen to see how they work. Keep us posted!
 
Back
Top Bottom