G'day Gentlemen,
I have a Bacon 2nd. model Navy pistol, Civil War era with the cartridge retaining ring on the back of the cylinder. The ring is frozen to the cylinder and there is evidence of someone having used pliers to remove it. Before I get into making a tool and applying heat, does anyone know if the ring is a left or right hand thread ? The previous owner is deceased so no source of info there !
I can't get pictures on 'Nutz', but can send them by e-mail if anyone needs them.
Thanks,
Palerider.
I have a Bacon 2nd. model Navy pistol, Civil War era with the cartridge retaining ring on the back of the cylinder. The ring is frozen to the cylinder and there is evidence of someone having used pliers to remove it. Before I get into making a tool and applying heat, does anyone know if the ring is a left or right hand thread ? The previous owner is deceased so no source of info there !
I can't get pictures on 'Nutz', but can send them by e-mail if anyone needs them.
Thanks,
Palerider.


















































