Bad surplus

smrckdawg

New member
EE Expired
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought a case of 7.62x39 and finally got around to using it.I had a 50% failure rate. It was czech and from the 50's and the can had been opened and boxes relabelled. I fired it through a chinese sks.Anyone have any similar experiences? Asked the supplier and got no reply although I notice that they are no longer selling it. Would appreciate any input
 
Sounds like a problem with your rifle. Post a picture of your primers. And take apart the bolt completely and clean it up. And I know when I release my bolt if I don't let it slam forward the round won't fire.
 
Bought a case of 7.62x39 and finally got around to using it.I had a 50% failure rate. It was czech and from the 50's and the can had been opened and boxes relabelled. I fired it through a chinese sks.Anyone have any similar experiences? Asked the supplier and got no reply although I notice that they are no longer selling it. Would appreciate any input

Check your PM's.


I have a similar issue and verified with different firearms and have yet to hear back from the supplier.
 
Bolt and pin are spotless and nice deep indent on primer.Would really like to name supplier but they are a sponsor.What really pissed me off was no responce when I asked if anyone else had issues.Found out from PM's that I'm not the only one.I guess its buyer beware!!!! Had a reloading buddy of mine look and he found corrosion on the bottom of the bullets.
 
Last edited:
Bolt and pin are spotless and nice deep indent on primer.Would really like to name supplier but they are a sponsor.What really pissed me off was no responce when I asked if anyone else had issues.Found out from PM's that I'm not the only one.I guess its buyer beware!!!! Had a reloading buddy of mine look and he found corrosion on the bottom of the bullets.

Being a sponsor does not give you immunity from poor customer service (not to mention it makes all sponsors look bad). You should post the retailer if for no other reason to save other the same fate.
 
7.62x39 re-packed ammunition;

About two years ago we were offered re-packed ammo from the Czech Republic, some was wet, some crates damaged, some had been exposed to the elements, just to mention a few issues....

We turned it down, obviously some other importer thought the deal too good to pass on.

This is just one example of why Marstar inspects every lot of ammo we purchase off shore....
John
 
Did that before and got called a troll,you gotta remember who pays the bills here. Besides surplus ammo is a gamble, next time I'll just make sure its in a sealed tin. I've purchased from 4 sponsors on this site and have only been screwed once I guess thats the chance you take with mailorder. The ammo supplier contacted me yesterday and has offered free replacement with russian stuff so I'm happy with that just took them a long time to get back to me.
Jeff
 
Back
Top Bottom