Baker rifle??

No Idea Budman, Lacking the original barrel I cant even source the factory.

Its a very handy rifle, I actually think a smoothbored one would make a versatile bush gun, compared to my bess shes like a mini carbine, the colrain barrel is a real good shooter!
 
Antique or not antique is about the action, not whether it's rifles or not. Flinter's are antiques.
Loyalist Arms, in Nova Scotia, is showing a prototype smooth bore Baker. A place called The Rifle Shoppe Inc., in Oklahoma, is making riffled Bakers. Supposedly no border issues for flinters. Seems to be a lot of smooth bores.
 
That was my thought,to use both barrels,separately of course.

No Idea Budman, Lacking the original barrel I cant even source the factory.

Its a very handy rifle, I actually think a smoothbored one would make a versatile bush gun, compared to my bess shes like a mini carbine, the colrain barrel is a real good shooter!
 
It is a shame the flintlock pistols are restricted. I don't have an RPAL.

I'll look up the rifle shoppe. Thanks.

Antique or not antique is about the action, not whether it's rifles or not. Flinter's are antiques.
Loyalist Arms, in Nova Scotia, is showing a prototype smooth bore Baker. A place called The Rifle Shoppe Inc., in Oklahoma, is making riffled Bakers. Supposedly no border issues for flinters. Seems to be a lot of smooth bores.
 
. A place called The Rifle Shoppe Inc., in Oklahoma, is making riffled Bakers.

If buying from the Rifle Shoppe, you want to be absolutely sure that the gun or the components are in stock. They have a reputation for selling components on back order and not shipping until they have enough orders to to a run of castings. If you are lucky, your order will be when they have just restocked the parts and can ship right away. The good side of the equation is that they have a reputation for supplying very high quality parts that are cast using patterns from original guns

cheers mooncoon
 
That is a little farther out budget wise than late summer early fall.:(
I'll have to communicate with these companies and base my decisions
from what they tell me. Really want the sword/bayonet to complete the
set.:dancingbanana:
 
I just picked up a Baker smoothbore with a drilled touch hole, how would I know if it has been proofed? There are no obvious proof marks on the barrel but I haven't disassembled it yet to look underneath.
 
I believe they are safe,but are not drilled due to some States regulations about fire arms.
If I am correct,they are fully functional firearms without a touch hole.
 
I believe they are safe,but are not drilled due to some States regulations about fire arms.
If I am correct,they are fully functional firearms without a touch hole.

touch hole placement is a big thing to look for as if its too high or too low it can cause problems. if you buy undrilled gun take it to a gunsmith who knows flintlocks
 
Thanks for the tip,I was going to have the firearm drilled and
vetted at the gunsmith before firing.Same thing I do with my
Antiques revolvers.
 
Back
Top Bottom