Ballistics by the Inch

StoneHorse

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Location
Cascadia
I stumbled on to this website today. If it is a re-post, I don't care so keep it to yourself. I was curious to find out the ballistics of various pistol rounds fired in carbine length barrels. Testing was done using barrels from 2" to 18" and calibers from .25 auto to .45 Colt. Data from real world firearms are also included. A quick look at the 9mm Luger data show no significant increase in velocity much pass 8"-10" of barrel length depending on load. Enjoy.

http://www.ballisticsbytheinch.com/index.html
 
Yeah this site is very informative.
By cutting and recrowning the same barrel it eliminates the variances that occur between barrels.


I just wish that they had included the .22 LR in thier tests.
 
Yeah this site is very informative.
By cutting and recrowning the same barrel it eliminates the variances that occur between barrels.


I just wish that they had included the .22 LR in thier tests.
At another time, I did find a site where the barrel on a .22 LR rifle was cut back from 24" to 10" I think. It was found 16" barrel length achieved the highest velocity with most loads. Accuracy was not taken into consideration.
 
Back
Top Bottom