Ballistol

sportee

Regular
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I see that a number of folks here use this stuff and really like it.

I'm jumping on the wagon...Ive been wanting to try the stuff on my antiques for a while now. The only place I can find that sells it in Canada is Peter Smith Trading. Ive been e-mailing and not getting any response.

Where are you folks getting the stuff from?
 
Phone Peter Smith Trading in Toronto - phone number is on their web site. The stuff is worth the trouble of getting a couple one litre cans sent and it lasts forever. I use it in my Moose Milk patch lube and also in my BP cleaning solution.
 
Glad to hear there are those out there who use ballistol. Both my grandfather and father used it and it does a fantastic job. Probably worth mentioning this was in Indonesia, where it's a bit more humid compared to here.

Can't say I dislike the smell. It's the only oil I've ever used so I can't compare it to anything else.
 
Google it. There is a company out of Montreal that sells it by the 3oz bottle, up to five gallon buckets.
Industrial sewing machines use it for lubrication. My wife used to be a draperies seamstress. She was a professional and worked with some incredibly expensive fabrics. Much of it hand woven. You can't use anything that will stain this fabric, that won't clean up easily. Industrial sewing machines, tackers and hemmers are lubricated by gravity feed. There is alway a bit of build up. That's where I got my first supply of Ballistol. I eventually bought a case of 12/500ml cans. I took 10 of the cans to a gun show to sell. I won't tell you what I sold them for but it was a substantial mark up. After all, that's what gun shows are about. The ten cans, lasted less than 1/2 hour.

It isn't expensive to ship either.
 
Company name please

Hello. So I googled it and didn't come up with anything in Montreal. Could you please give the name and contact info?

Cheers. Steve.

Google it. There is a company out of Montreal that sells it by the 3oz bottle, up to five gallon buckets.
Industrial sewing machines use it for lubrication. My wife used to be a draperies seamstress. She was a professional and worked with some incredibly expensive fabrics. Much of it hand woven. You can't use anything that will stain this fabric, that won't clean up easily. Industrial sewing machines, tackers and hemmers are lubricated by gravity feed. There is alway a bit of build up. That's where I got my first supply of Ballistol. I eventually bought a case of 12/500ml cans. I took 10 of the cans to a gun show to sell. I won't tell you what I sold them for but it was a substantial mark up. After all, that's what gun shows are about. The ten cans, lasted less than 1/2 hour.

It isn't expensive to ship either.
 
Back
Top Bottom