Barnes Varmint Grenade - Need 'Em

gunkle

Regular
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
As the title suggests, I am looking for some of Barnes' Varmint Grenade ammo. I am principally looking in .22, but if you knew the whereabouts of other calibers, I'd be interested in them as well. I have seen the bullets for sale, but that's not what I am after.

Also, I know that Black Hills loads Barnes' stuff....so if you have seen that....please tell me :)

Forum post, or PM is great!
 
As the title suggests, I am looking for some of Barnes' Varmint Grenade ammo. I am principally looking in .22, but if you knew the whereabouts of other calibers, I'd be interested in them as well. I have seen the bullets for sale, but that's not what I am after.

Also, I know that Black Hills loads Barnes' stuff....so if you have seen that....please tell me :) Forum post, or PM is great!

Also interested!......:D
 
Exploding ammunition is prohibited in Canada... So good luck with that.

This is not exploding ammuntion as defined in Canada as the regs refer to bullets that have an internal explosive charge. The Barnes Grenades just have an explosive design that means the bullet will fracture on impact. We have these bullets in stock, .224 dia, 36 gr HP $30/100, 50 gr. HP $28/100. Phil.
 
Exploding ammunition is prohibited in Canada... So good luck with that.

lol, google is your friend. :p

As Phil said, these are varmint bullets designed for maximum frangibility on impact when used on soft, small targets such as gophers, foxes, coyotes etc. They are not actually 'grenades' as the trade name might suggest. ;)
 
My bad, after some research it turns out this is just a frangible round, not an explosive round. I was thinking they were actual "grenades" as in explosive ammo.
 
Explosive rounds......heavens no....

But....will take any pms on any surplus RPGs

(yes trolls, that was a joke)

:)
 
I was also looking around for the same bullets and found them in three cals here is the link h ttp://www.frontierfirearms.ca/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=52_660_663[/url] tell me the luck you have also.
 
Since we were talking about Barnes...Dianne and I just got back from a motorcycle trip to Las Vegas and on the I-15 about one and a half hours south of Salt Lake City we were looking for a gas stop near Mona Utah. I didn't see any gas stations from the interstate but saw a very large commercial building on the east side with several vehicles outside in the middle of nowhere. I slowed down to have a look at what would be out here and as we rode by saw the big Barnes sign. Dianne wanted to go in and visit but we were already by the exit. We might set up a visit next time we are through (which is fairly often). By the way, when we left Nevada the evening before it was 46 C. Phil.
 
Back
Top Bottom