Barnett Trade Rifle Value (lots of Pics)

Dwarf

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
Hello, I am looking to find the value of this rifle. It is marked "Barnett London 1874" The forend has apparently been cut short at some time in its life. It has a very nice serpent and the stock is lightly decorated with brass tacks. The wood has a few marks, cracks and a little white paint on it but over all is rather nice. The ramrod is missing and please excuse the plastic ties but the barrel is loose.

The lock works and has both full and half #### but the nipple is crushed and the screw securing the hammer is missing. I think it is HBC marked (tombstone with sitting fox???)

The barrel is smooth and has what look to be Birmingham black powder proof marks on it.

Photos:
IMG_1910.jpg

IMG_1914.jpg

IMG_1915.jpg

IMG_1918.jpg

IMG_1909.jpg

Thanks :)
 
Last edited:
A wild guess but I would put it at around $600 - $800 because the stock has been chopped. With a complete stock, I would put the price closer to $1000. The flintlock ones I think run more like $1500 - $2000

cheers mooncoon
 
Definitely HBC and very well worth the effort to restore. I have a friend who has added the missing fore part to the stock. You will find that the hammer screw should be fairly easy to find as the locks of this period are all very similar and this one looks very much like a P1853 lock. Where are you? I have access to a wonderful gunsmith from the old world who specializes in these old pieces. Good luck, Dave
 
Back
Top Bottom