Barrel bursting

So there are at least two and probably many sides to the story.

There are some "smokeless powder" inline muzzle loaders that have blown up.

It might be bad barrels - it might be guys who can't follow directions overloading them - or it may be a little of both.

Things like this happens when you try and turn a muzzle loader into a "real rifle" to skirt the traditional arms specifications for special hunting seasons.
 
Until someone gathers a bunch of them together, and demonstrates how to blow them up reliably, while using approved loads, it's pretty much a guessing game.

Some powders behave a lot like Black Powder in that you can reliably compress bullet/sabot-bullet on top of them, others will not behave that way.
 
I owen one and love it I don not shoot max loads in any of my rifles I follow the instruction to a t and I dont let any one bother me when Im loading at the range . If in doubt I dump it out and I have a witness mark on my ram rod. So basically guys r not paying attention
 
I read a spipet a few weeks ago so if my information is wrong ??

Problems have been reported are ML in Stainless and are / were made to be using Smokeless Powders( so less problems on the cleaning end )

Smokeless powders create more pressure / pressure in a different way (time) than BP

Not sure if it is a loading problem or a barrel problem or a combination of problems and Barrels are blowing up
 
Back
Top Bottom