One other thing about the QC Fenian raids in Mississquoi: regular Canadian soldiers were picketed nearby after one of the raids and a deaf farm girl went out at night, walking down the road on some errand or other. She was challenged by a Regular and shot when she failed to respond or comply. I don't know if this happened at Eccles Hill or the earlier raid at Pigeon Hill but when I was a kid there was a little white stone roadside marker showing where she fell and died, when my silverhaired mother was still alive we went looking for it without success and I don't think it's there anymore, either vanished with the road past Eccles Hill or maybe removed during the widening of another road (did I mention the hostility of the QC government towards this stuff?). Anyway, the Fenians were responsible for two deaths in the area, one of their own and of that poor girl.