BDX vs WOLF remanufactured

Rivalen

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Location
St-Hubert, Qc
Hey there,

How's BDX ammunition vs WOLF reloads, specifically BDX TMJCC/FMJ vs Wolf TMJ/FMJ. I'm very happy about WOLF ammunition, never tried BDX; wondering how it is. Any inputs?

thanks!
 
Never tried Wolf, but have run close to 2000 rounds of 9mm 124gr. and 147gr. FMJ BDX stuff through a couple of different pistols with no issues. I don't think I have ever had a dud round and the only failures to feed I had were attributed to a couple of new mags that were tight at first. No chronograph info, sorry.

Mark
 
I have always had my emails answered by BDX. I did not like what they had to say regarding minimum orders, they were too much for my needs. Their ammo is great though, I have fired over a thousand rounds of their 9mm 124gr and no problems at all. The only thing i dont like are the plastic bags of 100rds. I will buy more, the biggest problem is finding enough of it.
 
BDX is manufactured in Black Diamond Alberta so in Calgary its easy to find. Proline almost always has a little and The Shooting Edge gets in lots. It sells out quickly so I put my name on a waiting list. Wolf is getting hard to find out here for me.
 
BDX is good stuff however I will pay the extra freight from SFRC for Wolf.
I tried to buy from Kurt but he got too big for the little guy. I bought when he was little and tried to peddle his ammo anywhere. Last I talked to him he was an azz and to top it off he told me I had to buy four cases. Proline's never had it when I called so SFRC get the nod.
 
Last time I talked to Kurt he told me he would sell me less than his minimum order... Problem being I was looking for much more than that. I told him I'd take what he offered and haven't heard back since. My opinion of him has been upheld once again.
 
I think the perceived problems in customer service with these guys is that they are basically one man shows that are run off thier feet. I think both guys would be great to deal with if they were not being pulled in 10 directions. After awhile a small business owner starts to look at those nagging customers as a distraction from the 9 other things they have to get done that day. My personal opinion is that they don't mean to but they start to view the bulk order wholsale as more important that the individual retail customer. I think at a certain point they need to either expand or do as Wolf has and get a distributer who is retail friendly (SFRC) and who can handle the pesky ;) customers with the service they deserve and even return emails. :eek:
 
I think the perceived problems in customer service with these guys is that they are basically one man shows that are run off thier feet.

I think that is a fair assessment. Kurt has been a reasonable guy to deal with the two times I have bought from him, but he does seem to be pretty unorganized and overwhelmed with keeping up. I can easily understand getting fed up with that and going elsewhere.

Mark
 
Both make good ammo, both serve industry and the shooting community. Both use the same components. I have used both and would use either in a match with confidence. I happen to get the Canadian BDX ammo from Kurt and he has helped me with advice when I first started buying from him; it was not unusual to get a phone call from Kurt(2006), since then he has been VERY busy, and had some supply problems. Now that he is making is own FMJ projectiles as well as ammunition, he is going full steam and getting out some quality product on a timely basis. I think what we have to realize is that his ammo is not just sitting on a shelf, he makes it pretty well according to demand. He has other committments with businesses that he has to supply; as such he is always shipping. Believe me, I want his ammo yesterday when I order, but seeing as how I sell his ammo locally, I generally get a feel for what is needed locally, and then place my order. It is never enough, as I always seem to run into my own shooting supply of ammo. I order ahead of time and order enough to fill orders. If I did not feel his product was good, I would not be shooting it or selling it.
 
Back
Top Bottom