best quality bulk .22

brit84

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Location
BC
Hello,

Wondering what peoples' experiences are with various bulk .22 ammo.

Is there a particular bulk box of ammo that is better than others in peoples experiences?

I have mostly used Winchester 333 and federal 525 bulk packs, and want to know if theres something else I should look at specifically.

others I have seen available here:
-winchester xpert high velocity (silver gray pack at can tire)
-winchester white box something(not sure of the type)
-Remington American eagle red box
-cci blazer

these are going through my colt .22 trooper mkIII, 10/22 heavy barrel, and cz kadet slide on the shadow.

thanks!!
 
I have always found Winchester 333 & 555 very reliable. Probably one of the best value in bulk ammo I have ever used. Runs all day in my 30 year old 10/22 with hi cap steel lips mags.
 
I have always found Winchester 333 & 555 very reliable. Probably one of the best value in bulk ammo I have ever used. Runs all day in my 30 year old 10/22 with hi cap steel lips mags.

Funny, I still have 10 rounds from the same 333 pack that didn't fire. Wanted to send them back to Winchester but shipping was too much. They've been struck 2-3 times in different places on the rim to no avail.
Must have been a bad lot.
 
Hello,

Wondering what peoples' experiences are with various bulk .22 ammo.

Is there a particular bulk box of ammo that is better than others in peoples experiences?

I have mostly used Winchester 333 and federal 525 bulk packs, and want to know if theres something else I should look at specifically.

others I have seen available here:
-winchester xpert high velocity (silver gray pack at can tire)
-winchester white box something(not sure of the type)
-Remington American eagle red box
-cci blazer

these are going through my colt .22 trooper mkIII, 10/22 heavy barrel, and cz kadet slide on the shadow.

thanks!!

Winchester 22 High Velocity Hollow Point "Super X" in the silver/grey packaging.
Product #: X22LRPP (Power Point)
Very good reliability and adequate destructive power on gophers with Ruger 10/22 rifle.
Very very good accuracy as well in my Pre-WW2 ES350B Mauser single shot bolt action rifle. Such good accuracy @200 yards, I stopped buying more expensive 22 LR match ammo instead. I used to experiment with many mid-quality match rounds. But now the only 22 match ammo I may spend some money on, is Eley Red Label. (sometimes)
 
Buy whatever shoots in your gun.

I use Win bulk HP ammo for gophers in a 10/22. Works for me. So does pretty much anything else I try, though.

Cheers
Trev
 
All of the above +.

I use a 10/22 that has no modification except the stupid bolt release has been changed to work the way is should. It will eat anything. I use 333/555, Western, Winchester, Federal, whatever. I do get the odd dud, maybe 1 out every 200 or so. I bought 555's in Hinton (I think) for $19.95. Excellent price.

Buy a bit of each and see how your guns work. Some are fussy, some will eat anything. Have fun.:p
 
You guys are nuts for real! The best quality most reliable .22 out there is CCI Blazer hands down! In the last 4 boxes I have gone through I have had 0 duds, FTF, or FTE's no word of a lie! This is in both my Ruger 10/22, and my Sig Mosquito! In the last year I have could probably count the issues Ive had with Blazer on 1 hand! I use nothing else!
 
Try a box of as many brands as you can, out of each firearm, to find the ammo each one shoots best. The price of the ammo means nothing. then buy a case. There's absolutely no guarrantee that all 3 will shoot the same ammo the same way. Probably won't.
 
Another vote for Blazer. I use to always just shoot away with Fed 525 and had a great time.Last week at the range I had a shoot put with Blazer,Fed 525,CCI mini mag and Eley......The Fed 525 shot the worst groups with Blazer being second.I cant afford to feed Eley (#1) There was not that much of a difference between 1,2 and 3. They were shot from a Savage Mark II BTV , Rem 597 VTR and a S&W 22a pistol.
 
My Savage MkII has stopped liking my wincheter 333 packs (after i stocked up, of course). No duds, just does not shoot it well at all.
It has a total chub on for CCI blazer, though.
 
525 work in everything I got. CCI std shoots better (not bulk but discounted when buy a case)

Funny, I still have 10 rounds from the same 333 pack that didn't fire. Wanted to send them back to Winchester but shipping was too much. They've been struck 2-3 times in different places on the rim to no avail.
Must have been a bad lot.

Take a picture of the pin strikes and box (lot number), email to Olin and you may receive a coupon in the mail - sent one to me in similar circumstances (were generous too).
 
Back
Top Bottom