Best scope for a ML...

Waterfowler

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Super GunNutz
Rating - 100%
290   0   0
Location
GTA
Looking for scope suggestions for TC Prohunter 50 cal...

Currently have a Bushnell Legend 2-7x32 but want something to go to a 3-9x40.
 
I'm running a Leupold VXII 3-9 on mine. I don't think it would be a bad choice either to get one with a reticle marked with hold overs and determine which one's to use at various distances if you might have to make a shot at 200 yards. On a budget, a Burris Fullfield II with ballist plex would fit that requirement.
 
I just got back from my muzz hunt. I had 5 deer inside 30 yards and 7 at 200+. Im thinking of 1-4or5x or a 2-7. Dont need any magnification at 20 yards. In the bush or a running deer needs no mag. 5 or 7x should be good as far as you care to take a poke with a BP 50cal.
I shot 2 deer @ 10 and 15 yards 5 minutes apart. I was at my lowest, 3.5X, it was almost too much.

moses
 
I've had the same 3-9x40 Bushnell on my .50 inline for 9 years now. The furthest shot I've taken was 124 yds. It does everything I need it to do. I've shot 1 or 2 deer every year with it. Not bad for a scope under $100.00.
 
Back
Top Bottom