Best single shot gunsmiths

gunlaker

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Hi,

Who would you recommend as a quality gunsmith for single shot black powder target rifles. I'm looking for someone who can fit and chamber a barrel well.

B.C. would be prefered, but I don't mind a trip to Alberta if necessary.

Thanks,

Chris.
 
Ron Smith, barrel maker in Wimbourne AB - about an hour drive northeast of Calgary. Regular and gain twist rifling for long range BPCR rifles using cast lead bullets seems to be his specialty and I have never heard anyone bad mouth him or his work.
 
If you are after a total "build', David Henry, Bently, Ab. would be my first consideration. He prefers to use Ron Smith barrels whenever possible (last I talked to him anyways).

If you just need a barrel chambered and installed on your action, Ron smith knows how to do this very well. Never have I heard of a bad job from either of these men.
 
Thanks fellows. I didn't know that Ron Smith did gunsmithing. I thought he "just" made barrels. I have a couple of rifles with his barrels and they shoot very well. I'll get in touch with him.

Chris.
 
Thanks fellows. I didn't know that Ron Smith did gunsmithing. I thought he "just" made barrels. I have a couple of rifles with his barrels and they shoot very well. I'll get in touch with him.

Chris.

He hasn't done a barrel for me but I believe he will make the barrel, chamber it and mount it to your action, set head space, etc,
 
Del Sellin in Vernon B.C barreled a swede rolling block for me in 40-60 maynard. Excellent work, octagon barrel was timed properly and the chamber was nice and tight.
 
Back
Top Bottom