Bitten....

Don't fight it, if you do you'll be able to hold out for maybe a couple months, then you'll have a lapse at a gunshow or on the EE and end up with a bess and several different cals to be reloaded for before you catch yourself :p
 
One coping method is to build em your self, it titrates the dose to a financially tolerable level by introducing time into the equation.
 
Yeah i need to start building them once i get my shop set up. I need to find some kits now but im having trouble deciding which.

Mclean

I suggest one of the "easier" ones...Tracks northwest trade gun is a good choice for a beginner. Maybe you have above average wood and metal working skills but for the average newb its a good idea to start there. Stay away from kits that have been started by someone and have "lost interest". My experience has taught me that you will be getting into something that has been screwed up and all you are doing is investing time and money into someone Else's problems...

Cheers. Steve.
 
If you think they aren't that expensive you haven't been bit seriously at all yet.

Depends on your point of view I guess?

I myself have no interest in museum grade pieces or modern in-lines.

To me, 700-850 isn't a bad price for a good condition & safe shooting traditional muzzleloader in ample calibre to take big game IMO.

The modern made percussion CVA Hawken rifles are usually much less in price too.

ymmv
 
Depends on your point of view I guess?

I myself have no interest in museum grade pieces or modern in-lines.

To me, 700-850 isn't a bad price for a good condition & safe shooting traditional muzzleloader in ample calibre to take big game IMO.

The modern made percussion CVA Hawken rifles are usually much less in price too.

ymmv

Yes it really depends on what you want to get into.

A CVA, Thompson Center, or Lyman is a great way to go for a standard traditional ML at a decent price. And places like Loyalist have lots of good buys. When people really get into it they start looking at shotguns, smoothbores, BPCR, muskets, handguns, cannons.... Oddball brass and dies, dozens of different molds...

I've caught myself packing 8-10 guns for a day at the range. :p
 
Yes it really depends on what you want to get into.

A CVA, Thompson Center, or Lyman is a great way to go for a standard traditional ML at a decent price. And places like Loyalist have lots of good buys. When people really get into it they start looking at shotguns, smoothbores, BPCR, muskets, handguns, cannons.... Oddball brass and dies, dozens of different molds...

I've caught myself packing 8-10 guns for a day at the range. :p
I hear you friend............as of now a BP rifle, a shotgun & a pistol of some sort will siffice. This coming from a fellow GN with several S&W revolvers, several Ithaca shotguns and lots of other brands to keep the above company! :D
 
Back
Top Bottom