Black powder accessory; what is it?

tokguy

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
Location
Buffalo Republic
This came in a medium sized box that was packed right full of BP 'gear'.
Normally I chuckle and move on when I see these posts but this one has me stumped.
The elderly gentleman who owned the 'gear' was an accomplished woodworker who did his own stockwork so it may be a woodworking tool as well.
Seems a shame to let it languish in the misc gun part drawer. Perhaps it can find a suitable home with some guidance from a more knowledgeable member.
Thanks
Tokguy
 
Tokguy, can you give the picture some context of size? I can't tell if my pinky finger would fit through the hole, or a soft ball...(not that either would help me eliminate a candidate!?)

It would appear to be an adjustable clamping devise. A rod would run through the boss where the "stop screw" would set the height of the devise. What it holds tight/clamps is the cigar question.
 
The grounding clamp seems like the most likely, LOL.
It's 2.25" across and seems to be solid brass. I thought about the scale issue after it was downloaded to Photobucket...Du-oh!
It was in a bag with one of those 'Old school' clip on the glasses, aperture long range BP sight aids. I think that sent me off wondering what BP part or service it was / or what function it fulfilled.
Thanks, all
 
Back
Top Bottom