BP is just fine with me. Hey, it was here first: just ask Friar Bacon.
Only problem I have ever had was exactly the reverse, many years ago. I worked weekends at the airline (CPAL), which gave me Tuesdays and Wednesdays off, so that was when I went to the range.
A friend and myself went out to the old Barnet Club, taking his motorcycle and 2 of my rifles and a box of ammo...... a .30-cal box. We paid our day pass and went to the shed to shoot. There was a guy there with a Schultz & Larsen in 7x61 S&H, a $200 spotting scope, a $300 rifle scope, a $100 shooting jacket (and I was working for $56 a week, mind you), a big heap of handloaded ammo and a definite case of ego. He screamed at us to stay behind the firing line (as if we were dumb enough to go in front of it), touch nothing and WAIT FOR THE BELL.
He had about 20 targets up and he spent the following HOUR shooting test groups, very, very slowly, screaming at us occasionaly for making noise (we were talking very quietly) and cautioning us repeatdly to TOUCH NOTHING and WAIT FOR THE BELL.
After an HOUR, he finally rang the freakin' bell.
We were allowed to put up our targets. So we did. Half a dozen of them.
And then we waited for the next half-hour while he measured each of his groups and changed his targets. He then sauntered back to the shed, RANG THE BELL and told us that we now were allowed to touch our rifles. He got behind his own rifle, RANG THE BELL and told us that we now could shoot.
I opened my box of ammo, shoved 20 rounds of ammo over to my friend, pulled a bunch out for myself and said quietly, "Range 100, at the target in front, 10 rounds, on your own time, rapid FIRE!".
And twenty rounds of .577 Snider ammuntion was fired very rapidly on a rifle range which backed up against a mountain, on a still, still Summer afternoon.
The clown with the attitude problem disappeared VERY rapidly, amid much cursing and grousing.
Once the smoke had cleared (another 10 minuites) we could see our targets and actually shot slowly, and quietly, for score.
And that was the only time I ever ran into trouble from another shooter.... and we hadn't even fired a shot yet!
Shooting, on the average, is the most GENTLEMANLY and COURTEOUS sport there is. I like it like that.
.