Black powder cannon ( mortar )

cdn_army

Member
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Location
BC
Well it's with great pleasure that I am presenting you my first black powder cannon.

1/2 scale of a 24 pounder, on a confederate style carriage. Pop can sized bore, shooting pop can...and beer can :) filled with concrete. I got the tubes from Guy Charlebois in Quebec, and made the carriage myself....and yes I know im not a great woodworker...but it's holding on fine :)

You can see it in action http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubpv7ItdIQU&feature=player_detailpage
Next on my list is to build a carriage that will let me change the elevation of the tube.

Then maybe a full scale mountain howitzer, but I will have to get the project approuved by the Supreme authority :rolleyes:
 
Last edited:
Mortars are great!
Just test fired mine - smaller bore, tomato paste/small juice can size.
It is often possible to track the projectile through its flight.
I'd love to find a couple of feet of demilled cannon barrel, 25 - 40mm or so, to make a rifled howitzer.
 
I have a cope and drag mold for a 24" swivel gun with King George the thirds cypher on it.The bore is 1&3/4 Golf Ball size.I need to find a foundry in Ont that will cast some barrels for me.Dave
 
Have a look at this one....
Click on the first picture for the video clip - the following two are stills.



DSC_0003.jpg


2909022.jpg


Never had a runner yet!!
 
Back
Top Bottom