Black powder cartridges in 1873 SAA.

Skinny 1950

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Location
Vancouver
It was Black Powder Day at the range today (first Sunday of the month except this year due to New Years Day) took a selection of guns, Kentucky .45 cal. rifle,1873 .45 Colt clone,.44 Walker and a Belgian boot pistol. Here are a few pictures:


RangeJan82011002.jpg

RangeJan82011004.jpg



RangeJan82011010001_0002.jpg

RangeJan82011010001_0003.jpg

RangeJan82011010001_0004.jpg

RangeJan82011010001_0005.jpg


Click on picture for video:

 
The recoil of the Walker is a lot softer due to it's weight but it is loud and surprisingly accurate. Still having problems with the cylinder binding up on the Walker after 5-6 shots (notice the black goo on the cylinder pin in the first picture),the 1873 has a cylinder pin bushing which prevents fouling from getting in and it will shoot all day without binding.
 
I am a member at Port Coquitlam and Disrict Hunting and Fishing Club (PCDHFC), I usually get there once a week. The outdoor range allows black powder and I usually take at least one BP gun on each range trip.
 
Back
Top Bottom