The first Sunday of each month (except in the summer) the range in Port Coquitlam is dedicated to BP shooters and spectators from 9:00 AM-2:00 PM.
I took 3 BP handguns and a Kentucky style .45 rifle but in order to keep up with the course of fire I had to concentrate on the rifle. A homemade cleaning rod proved to be a failure and it got stuck in the bore,that alone could have been the end of my rifle shooting for the day except for a kind gentleman who helped me remove the offending rod and provided a proper tool to do the job.
The targets were set up at 25,50 and 100 meters for rifles with 6 shots on each. This was the first time shooting at 100 meters and I managed to get all of the shots on the paper except for the first one which was way low,there was little evidence of a grouping so much practice needs to be done.
I would like to thank all the organizers and volunteers who made this an enjoyable event,in particular the kind lady doing the scoring who provided a bowl of turkey soup.
I took 3 BP handguns and a Kentucky style .45 rifle but in order to keep up with the course of fire I had to concentrate on the rifle. A homemade cleaning rod proved to be a failure and it got stuck in the bore,that alone could have been the end of my rifle shooting for the day except for a kind gentleman who helped me remove the offending rod and provided a proper tool to do the job.
The targets were set up at 25,50 and 100 meters for rifles with 6 shots on each. This was the first time shooting at 100 meters and I managed to get all of the shots on the paper except for the first one which was way low,there was little evidence of a grouping so much practice needs to be done.
I would like to thank all the organizers and volunteers who made this an enjoyable event,in particular the kind lady doing the scoring who provided a bowl of turkey soup.


















































