Hello
Looking for the collective wisdom of the CGNers again.
I am a Newbie to Black powder... and got myself a flintlock rifle.
Do you know where in the Greater Toronto Area I could find some friendly Flint lock shooters?
Also I got myself a powder horn, but the provided spout plug is way too small to fit.
I am looking to make my own... but paranoid about what materials to use...
incase something could ignite the loose air born powder in the horn!
While I am thinking just making my own wood plug out of a dowel,
I found a plastic pen cap that fits perfectly...
No doubt the pen cap ruins the aesthetics of the horn,
but is there any risk ( static electric charge or fire piston via compressed air ?) from having a plastic
pen cap on it with a tight fit? Or is my imagination running wild?
I know that I should keep Ferrous Materials away from in advertantly causing sparks near black powder,
but I 've heard stories about Nylon rubbing against itself causing enough to ignite really fine powder.
So trying to go about this with a bit of zealous precaution...
I've only seen plugs made of wood or brass. ( I am not sure if that is for maintaining tradition )
Thanks again CGNers!
Looking for the collective wisdom of the CGNers again.
I am a Newbie to Black powder... and got myself a flintlock rifle.
Do you know where in the Greater Toronto Area I could find some friendly Flint lock shooters?
Also I got myself a powder horn, but the provided spout plug is way too small to fit.
I am looking to make my own... but paranoid about what materials to use...
incase something could ignite the loose air born powder in the horn!
While I am thinking just making my own wood plug out of a dowel,
I found a plastic pen cap that fits perfectly...
No doubt the pen cap ruins the aesthetics of the horn,
but is there any risk ( static electric charge or fire piston via compressed air ?) from having a plastic
pen cap on it with a tight fit? Or is my imagination running wild?
I know that I should keep Ferrous Materials away from in advertantly causing sparks near black powder,
but I 've heard stories about Nylon rubbing against itself causing enough to ignite really fine powder.
So trying to go about this with a bit of zealous precaution...
I've only seen plugs made of wood or brass. ( I am not sure if that is for maintaining tradition )
Thanks again CGNers!


















































