Black Powder Shoot at Salmon Arm

H4831

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
Location
BC
A very successful black powder shoot is going on at the Salmon Arm Fish and Game Club range, this weekend.
Ninety five shooters have registered to shoot.
Pictures show,
1) Some of the campers camped at the site.
2) A shooter using a 45-70 pistol, loaded with black powder cartridges, to shoot the far off silhouette targets. First shot he got the 100 yard chicken he was aiming at!
3) CGN member GunStuff, in red on the left, is shooting his 11 mm Mauser 71/84. The smoke, blacker than most, is from the single G powder he used. On extreme right is his friend, Harald.
4) Mike, from Enderby, is demonstrating how to start a fire with his crude stick material and dried grass.
5) Success!




 
Last edited:
I am impressed with the ability of the young fellow to start a fire with just a stick. I think it would take me days to start one even if I modernized into using a fire bow

cheers mooncoon
 
That SHOOT seems SOOOOO interesting, I wish we had a club like that around here!!! Respectfully. Jim Mansell. Thanks for the HEADS UP H4831
 
There was no trick and absolutely nothing used that is not available by walking around in the bush. He did do something that I have never seen before, but I could not tell any of his techniques to the world.
I once saw a Hopi Indian do that on exhibition in hot, very dry weather in Arizona, but he had to try more than once, before it started.
It was impressive, plus the young fellow was very sure of himself, but also friendly, casual and unassuming. Not the slightest bit of boasting or bragging.
 
Back
Top Bottom