Black Powder shooters in Ottawa please say hello

Brian James

Regular
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Location
Ontario
I'm trying to get a sense of the number of black powder shooters in the Ottawa area. I attended my first black powder match this past weekend in Barrie and it was a great experience. As a result, I'm wondering if there are local matches or if people would be interested in shooting a fun match.

The match was essentially a bullseye match using BP firearms. The events are numerous. I shot a couple pistol events, but there were shotgun, rifle and hangun events.


All the best,

Brian
 
Im an hour and a half north in maniwaki, sadly ill be moving back home in june. I was looking for some thing in my area when i moved here and had no luck.

I would love to go to an event before I head home though!

Mclean
 
I'd certainly be interested in a BP pistol match (Mariette, Kuchenreuter and optionally, Donald Malson events). Early summer (June) would be preferred.
 
This may not be quite what you were looking for but there is the Beaver Lodge Rendezvous at the Eganville Sportsman's Club from July 12 - 15.

This is primarily a "Rendezvous" where period dress is worn and people camp/cook etc as per the early 19th century.

It is open to the public on the Saturday and Sunday from 10AM to 3 PM. You are allowed to shoot but only those who do the whole Rendezvous "thing" can compete for prizes.

There is also another Rendezvous at the Quadeville Gun Club in September.
 
I know there's a black powder match in Barrie, May 26, 27. PM for informaiton. The match last weekend was well run.

If there's at least 4-5 of us who want to shoot a match, perhaps we can run one in Ottawa before MrClean leaves.

Brian
 
Back
Top Bottom