Black powder where to buy

If you can find other black powder enthusiasts in your area they may lead you to a source of black powder,quite often someone will buy in bulk and distribute to all the needy BP shooters. I live in the middle of a large city and haven't found a retailer that has Black Powder in stock,which reminds me ...my source has dried up and I need to start looking myself.
 
If you can find other black powder enthusiasts in your area they may lead you to a source of black powder,quite often someone will buy in bulk and distribute to all the needy BP shooters. I live in the middle of a large city and haven't found a retailer that has Black Powder in stock,which reminds me ...my source has dried up and I need to start looking myself.

Agreed.
A guy I work with is into the re-enactor rendezvous thing. He went to a big rondy last summer and got me 2 cans of Goex for $22 each.
 
heres a question can i bring BP back from the US it does not take me 5 min to be in MI if i could get me some 1f closer it would be nice

Unless I am mistaken, technically you would be an alien (can't think of the correct term) and as such may not possess any explosives in the US.

cheers mooncoon
 
Accuracy Plus in Peterborough and Williams Arms in Port Perry usually stock Goex for 20 something dollars. 2.75 and 3.75 hours west from Ottawa though.
 
Yes you can import black powder from the USA! Canadian regulations allow each person to bring 8kg's back for every trip as long as it is in 1 pound containers. US export regulations don't affect black powder or even rifles for that matter. The last I purchased in the USA cost me $14.95 for Goex and $23.95 for Swiss. Buy away!!
 
Yes you can import black powder from the USA! Canadian regulations allow each person to bring 8kg's back for every trip as long as it is in 1 pound containers. US export regulations don't affect black powder or even rifles for that matter. The last I purchased in the USA cost me $14.95 for Goex and $23.95 for Swiss. Buy away!!

This is good to know. How sure are you ? The saving would make a x-boarder trip worth doing.
 
Interpret this as you will as far as being prohibited while an alien is in the US. Leaves kind of a grey area.

18 USC 921 Definitions
(a)(17)(A) The term “ammunition” means ammunition or cartridge cases, primers, bullets, or propellent powder designed for use in any firearm.

From another site:

Importation of Explosives

Canadian Law: Quantities that may be imported for personal use by a Canadian and not for sale without requiring an Explosives Importation Permit from Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) include:

small-arms, sporting ammunition, up to a maximum of 5,000 rounds;
primers, up to a quantity of 5,000;
empty primed cartridge cases, up to a quantity of 5,000; and
propellants, smokeless powder in containers not exceeding 4 kilograms and black powder in containers not exceeding 500 grams, up to a maximum total combined quantity of 8 kilograms, (17.66 pounds).
However, this is in conflict with US export laws.

A common belief is a Canadian who purchases, wins, or is given ammunition, primers, and/or powder can return to Canada with the items. This is not correct. If stopped at a secondary US Border Patrol checkpoint prior to reaching the border, at a minimum all such items can be confiscated.

The US govenment requires an export permit for ammunition or ammunition components (powder and primers). Permit required even if won at a shoot or given by a friend!
 
Last edited:
Yes you can import black powder from the USA! Canadian regulations allow each person to bring 8kg's back for every trip as long as it is in 1 pound containers. US export regulations don't affect black powder or even rifles for that matter. The last I purchased in the USA cost me $14.95 for Goex and $23.95 for Swiss. Buy away!!

I wish!!

If it were so , oh how I would go in on a crate.......alas.
 
Back
Top Bottom