black powder

Irish shooter

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Location
Pincourt,Qc
Hey guys i am looking at getting a blackpowder rifle for deer this year and about the only one i can find here is made by thompson.are they any good for the money or should i look at something else,any help or suggestions would be appreciated.thanks
 
Thompson makes some of the finest BP rifles, trust me I have 2 :) Are you looking for inline or historic reproduction? As far as I am concerned you can't go wrong with a Thompson Center.
 
not really interested in the historical aspect,just want to extend my deer season and try something new,thanks

Then you will likely want a modern inline.
T/C is top notch from what I read.
As far as I can tell, all of the modern guns are safe and accurate.
Price and ease of cleaning would be my considerations.
.50 cal. seems to be the most prevelent.
 
Several friends of mine have "Traditions" rifles. Both modern in-line and traditional style - they seem very happy with them.

I and 2 other friends have owned Thompson/Center rifles and they are very well made, accurate and reliable.
 
Back
Top Bottom